Sunday, January 6, 2008

Fun and Frustrations

First the frustrations. Koolhaas: I played with the yarn I selected for this project, which is the lovely silk/wool Crystal Palace Creme. I couldn't figure out the Right Cable followed by the purl using the cabling without needle method. Frogged. Started again. I think I figured it out, but by that time I was getting stupid staring at it. Arrggh. Note to self- get a better light to knit under!

Yesterday, I awoke to find this behind my house.



Someone clearly had an excellent time going through every shred of garbage my neighbours and I discarded in the past week. Boo. 40 min in the pouring rain cleaning it up. Of course, said garbage was not picked up, as it was strewn all over the alley. I called the city. They may pick it up on Monday.

Fun. A sale at one of my LYSs means that I added some lovely Malabrigo (for a Foliage for me) and Cherry Tree Hill's sock yarn to the stash, in preparation for my planned foray into the world of socks. I'll have to knit a practice or two before I break out the good stuff. Pictures to follow in the next day or so.

I went for a long walk with a friend of mine, and ate an Indian buffet lunch at the end of it. Delicious. On our walk we met some dwarves:




Hee hee. All seven of them were there too!

Well, maybe no knitting tomorrow, as it's my sweetie's birthday and I have some baking and cooking to do. Carrot cake, but what else??? The dinner menu is still up in the air.

Wish me luck!

No comments: