Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Crack at Blogging

Hooray, 2008. It's a new year, and a chance for me to get my blog truly up and running. 2007 was an eventful year here. I left my terrible, soul-killing job in the corporate world and in September began a master's program that is entirely more fulfilling and may, in fact, encourage soul regrowth. Fingers are crossed, at any rate.

I try to avoid the R word at this time of year, but one of my hopes is that this year will bring new opportunities for my academic and personal growth, as well as tons of knitting and crafting adventures.



So here's to a new year, and the opportunities it brings for reflection and development, and here's hoping I can create a blog that brings at least a few people the kind of enjoyment I've had from reading the blogs of others! Here are a few pictures of one of my favorite FOs from late 2007, my Endpaper Mitts. A big thanks to Eunny Jang for designing this gorgeous pattern, which was achievable even for this virgin colourwork knitter.


My Endpaper Mitts are made from Koigu PPPM. The mottled nature of both colours of wool means that in parts the pattern is less pronounced, as the red strand approaches cream, or the cream strand is dappled with red-orange, but the end result is a pair of fingerless gloves that almost seem to glow. I love them. My only wish is that I'd blocked them a bit smaller, and taken photos before I started wearing them. But then I'd have had to have taken them with my old camera (2 megapixels) rather than my new one, which has 7 megapixels and is small enough not to be totally humiliating.

Happy New Year, and I look forward to keeping up with you all much more frequently!

No comments: