Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bloom shalaka!


Spring has arrived. The crocuses and daffodils are here, and the blossoms are appearing on the later blooming trees. The spring showers are here too, in spite of a recent spate of sunshine, or even merely overcast weather.


In the knitting world, I've finished the gusset shaping on the second sock, and will hopefully finish it this week. I'm nearing the end of the semester, which means a lot less knitting time. I've also been teaching a fair bit recently, and as such a lot of my free time has been eaten up by lesson planning. Yikes.

However, I have to get this sock done so I can get cracking on some fingerless gloves for a Neil Gaiman swap I'm part of on Ravelry. Here are some chart sketches. This will be my first time doing major mods to a pattern, and I'm nervous and excited. I'll post a few more details once I've begun in earnest.



Also in the realm of knitting, let me share this adorable critter knit by my friend. Knocknees is pictured here astride her trusty steed, and sitting in a slightly intoxicated sidesaddle pose. My friend makes a variety of different, adorable woodland creatures and also mutant creatures. Most amazingly, she knits them freehand. I really admire her creativity. She says she admires my ability to follow a pattern, but I'd take her skills anytime. I'll post a link here if she ever opens an Etsy store to sell these guys, but so far she's been reluctant to, not wanting to ruin the magic of making them with enforced production.




Anyhow, hopefully my next post will be full of FO sock pictures, and WIP swap pictures! Fingers crossed.

No comments: