Sunday, March 30, 2008

March is crazy!



Well, Easter weekend brought the end of the first pair of socks. They're finished, and they fit Sweetie. As he has perpetually cold feet, I think they'll get a lot of wear. I also think I'll try and make it a practice to have a pair of socks on the go at all times, as they're a great project for bus riding and waiting in line. I may even invest in one of those cute little drawstring sock project bags.



We spent Easter weekend with our families. One of the highlights was watching my 3 1/2 year old nephew hunting for Easter eggs. He was so delighted! My mom had placed a basket at the front door, and the Easter Bunny left a trail of eggs up the stairs to the living room.

The weather in the last week has been very crazy. We've had snow (twice!!), which is very atypical for Vancouver at this time of the year. I mean, c'mon, our daffodils are already blooming, as are the cherry trees! It has also hailed several times, and today the sun is out. I tried to take pictures of the snow on Easter Sunday, but they came out very poorly. Fortunately the snow has not stuck around at all, and melted when it hit the ground.

This may be my last post for the next two weeks. I'm finishing my semester, and have 3 papers and a presentation due in the next week and a half. Also, tomorrow I begin teaching full time, which means a pile of lesson planning. The timing is a bit hair-raising, but at least the stress is finite. By April 14, come hell or high water I'll be done.

On the knitting frontier, I'm going to be swatching for some fingerless gloves for the Neil Gaiman swap on Ravelry. I've been charting some patterns. I don't want to risk ruining the surprise on the off chance my swap recipient stops by the site, but I'll post some pics once I've sent the package off.

I'm also considering dipping into the UFO tickle trunk and resurrecting my Sizzle. The weather's almost nice enough to make knitting a cotton tank top an appealing thought. April 14, I can't wait for you to get here!!!

No comments: