Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays!

The holidays have passed with a wonderful combination of food, family and friends. There was a bit of drama, as on the 22nd of December my back went into major spasm. Terrifying! Fortunately, I saw the chiropractor on the 23rd, and have been on the road back to wellness ever since. My kind father helped me out by purchasing the last few stocking stuffers I couldn't get out to buy.

We made it to the island where both our families live on Christmas Eve, after an abortive attempt at 7 am involving chains, a snowy alley, a soaking wet Mr. Ripley, and treacherous roads. Our later mid-morning attempt was successful. Just to give you an idea of how much fun it was, here's the ferry terminal:

Ripley took it all in stride:

Over the holidays, we walked in the snow.

We snuggled new babies. Another new baby arrived December 23, but I haven't had a chance to meet her yet.

We ate holiday treats and delicious meals. Here's our New Year's Eve dinner, prepared by my friend K. who is an incredible cook. The menu was German, with rouladin, spaetzle, gravy, red cabbage, and peas. Sooooo delicious!

We had a wonderful and restorative time. I even finished my cousin's hat in the nick of time.

I hope you and your families had a wonderful holiday season, and are looking forward to 2009!

No comments: