Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Foliage Finished, and First Socks Started

Well, this post has been a long time coming. This semester is kicking my butt a bit more than I expected it to, and sadly there's no end in sight. Nonetheless, I've found some time to finish Foliage, the red-orange version, which has been keeping my head cosy for the past week or so.



I've also just begun my first pair of socks! I'm very excited about this. I'm using Silver's Sock Class top down sock tutorial to attempt them. The socks are going to be for my Sweetie, and as such I've chosen some superwash wool in a manly colourway: DG Confetti 100, colour 19.05, which is a self striping yarn in various greys. I hope I can make a successful pair of socks and then try some fancier socks. There's a beautiful skein of Cherry Hill sock yarn in my stash. I'd love to give a sock like Monkey a try, or the Jaywalkers, but decided to try a simple pair first. I don't even know how to turn a heel yet!

Change of subject: the other day I was out for a walk in my neighbourhood and I spotted some graffiti I'd never noticed before. It may be new, or it may be that I've just not noticed it before. Here's a shot for you to enjoy:



The caption painted on the wall says "a end in sight".

Coming next post: sock in progress shots!

No comments: